02 January 2009

Moving back into dorm room post

Dear Fanfiction.net users:
I don’t know what part of “ONE-SHOT” you don’t understand.
It’s right there in the summary, for chrissakes! ONE – SHOT. Meaning ONE CHAPTER. A short story. A story that will not be continued. Got it?!
This is way too common. Author writes one-shot, uploads it, makes it very clear that there will be no continuation ever, and yet gets all these people commenting saying “I CAN’T WAIT FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER” and adding it to their alert list.
Fffffff—
WHY
Short stories are still legitimate stories, okay, they have a beginning, a middle and an end and they do not by any means NEED to be continued.

… I know that has nothing to do with writing, but god if it doesn’t drive me up the wall.

2 comments:

MrsSoersdal said...

Had to tell you. I was loading boxes into my car earlier today with my mom and said "AUGH THESE PAPERCUTS ARE GOING TO EXSANGUINATE ME!!" and she spent the next half hour laughing at me for using big, haughty words. I normally don't use uncommonly large words in everyday conversation but I had to make an exception for "exsanguinate" because it's just so damned funny.

Just had to say :)

Kara said...

Or when they go "Oh come on, PLEASE make another chapter! This can't be all there is!" It's like "Uh... That's what a one-shot IS." Completely agree with you here.

And I'm commenting on this months after you said it cause I just re-found the blog and I'm hoping you'll post more.